Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goals for the New Year

Happy New Year! Time to set some goals for 2012. I didn't do this last year, because it just seemed so cliche. However, I decided that I would like to set some goals this year, so that I can re-visit them through out the year. I'm hoping this goal setting will help me keep on track with certain things and motivate me to finish some projects I've stalled on. So here it goes.

1. Post on both of my blogs at least once a week
I still haven't finished posting pictures from my vacation in June. I figure if I am going to have these blogs, I should probably post with some consistency. I've already posted on my classroom blog, so I'm off to a good start.
2. Finish one of my writing projects
I love to write. I have three unfinished writing projects. I am determined to finish something.
3. Exercise at least 3 times a week
I used to exercise every day. I also used to be forty pounds lighter and had a lot more stamina. I miss those days. I decided to set my goal at 3 times a week because it doesn't sound as overwhelming as 7 days a week. This means I am much more likely to follow through with it.
4. Sew decorative pillows for my bedroom
I have been wanting to do this for months. Now let me be clear on the fact that I am not very good at sewing. Pillows are the one thing I can sew that end up looking decent. I figured that I would add this to my goals, so that I would be more likely to get it done.
5. Finish the scrapbooks that I've started
I have 3 scrapbooks that I started making to give as gifts(this does not include the personal scrapbooks that I also have not finished). They have been sitting here in all of their partially complete glory for over a year. I must finish them. Ideally they will be completed long before December 31st 2012.
6. Drink more water
I drink way too much Diet Mountain Dew. I know that this is not super healthy. My plan is to slowly begin cutting down on the Dew (I have no plans to give it up completely, because I need the caffeine in the morning) and replacing it with water.
7. Pay down some of my old bills
This goal comes with several mini goals.
a. Stick to a monthly budget-this means only buying things that I truly need, using coupons, and buying items when they are on sale at the grocery store
b. Avoid Late Fees- this means sitting down weekly to pay all of the bills due the following week, so I don't accidentally miss something.
c. Making a long term plan to get rid of debt
8. Cook more/try new recipes
I have become far too reliant on foods that come in a box. Honestly, I am really tired of frozen dinners. My plan is to eat fresher, healthier meals this year. I have some new recipes I want to try.Yum!
9. Do something that is outside of my comfort zone
I'm not sure what this will be, though I am sure it will not include sky diving or bungee jumping.
10. Stick to my skincare regimen
Sometimes I get really lazy about completing all of the steps in my skin care routine. I don't exfoliate often  enough, and I don't always use all of my creams and serums. I really want to get in the habit of completing each  step every morning  and every night.
11. Focus on being thankful for the things I have, instead of thinking about all of the things I would like to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment